Tuesday, March 15, 2005

A new place for rambling

I'm getting this new blog started as a place to put posts that will be at once more professional and less developed than those that I put up at RemoveAllDoubt. More professional because they'll be related to my career as a legal historian. Less developed because I make no promises they'll make any sense at all.

The reason I've decided to put up such blog in twofold. First, I find myself not posting much anymore on RAD, in part because I'm looking at less political stuff, which is the focus of RAD, and because I don't feel as comfortable putting non-political/specialist historian stuff up there. The audience for RAD is too different from the audience I have in mind for this blog. Having said that, I don't really have any expectation that people will read this. The second reason I'm putting this blog up is that I think it'll be helpful to have a reason to write out just any old historical ideas I have. I hope that the truth will be in the process for this blog, rather than in the individual posts - which is what I strive for (and surely fall short of) at RAD. Thus, you can expect a lot of half-baked, inconsistent stuff here. Musings about American history, legal history, life as a grad student, and pretty much anything else non-political that strikes me.

You may ask, as I have asked myself, if I don't care or expect anyone to read these half-baked ideas, why the heck am I putting them up? Certainty not to get publicity. I'm still hoping to remain comfortably anonymous, and when I become not so, I expect this blog as well as RAD may come down immediately. But there is something to imagining an audience that makes writing easier and more disciplined at the same time. Not sure what it is, but it's there, and I'm not inclined to do the kind of "insightful introspection" (read: navel gazing) necessary to figure that out. So here it is. Welcome to Ephiphenomenalities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home