Work
Being self employed without clients is tougher than it seems. I know, I know. It's a blessing too. But life without deadlines, and projects without short term consequences lead to a challenge of motivation. Some days the interest in the subject is sufficient. Like yesterday. I sat in the coffee shop and plowed through work. The neurons were firing, and I felt like a scholar. Today: not so much. 11:00 am already and I've done about 2 hours of work. And 3 hours of messing about. (The Family Guy where Stewie travels to England and we learn that Lois slept with KISS is, however, hilarious. The highlight was Lois's advice to would be groupies: "Well, you never know who's going to grow up to famous, so you've got to, you know, make yourself available.")
I'm hoping that the double espresso I just got will kick me into gear (and that this blog entry will help), but I'm starting to feel guilt ridden, which is completely counter productive. Ah well. Having a crappy boss may stink, but it stinks less when its you.
I'm hoping that the double espresso I just got will kick me into gear (and that this blog entry will help), but I'm starting to feel guilt ridden, which is completely counter productive. Ah well. Having a crappy boss may stink, but it stinks less when its you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home