Sunday, April 17, 2005

Ok, this running start thing seems to help

At least, it seems to help some. Hopefully, this next session will be better because I'm working on a second draft (although my second draft is a long way from most people's. Generally, I'm about a "draft behind" - my first draft is sentence soup, my second draft is vaguely understandable, my third draft is ready for outside comments). Editing is easier, especially when you're cutting, and I've got a 14 page draft for a 6-8 page paper. So that's good. On the other hand, its due tomorrow so I'm feeling a little more pressure. And, perhaps most importantly, I had a really nice weekend away from work with the Fiance and realized that I'm pretty darned burned out. I need the summer soon. I think I'm going to treat myself to about a week off before diving back in. It'll do me a world of good (I hope!).

Ok, loyal readers, I'm off. Goal of finishing a second draft tonight. I'm going to allow myself to do [insert facts/quote here] type stuff in this draft, but otherwise, I'm hoping for presentable. I'll, as usual, let you know how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home